Slow-Cooker Monkey Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Line a 5-qt. slow cooker with a piece of aluminum foil, letting ends extend up the sides. Grease foil.
- Combine the sugars, cinnamon and allspice in a large bowl; sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sugar mixture in bottom of prepared slow cooker. Add biscuit pieces to bowl; toss to coat. Transfer coated biscuits to slow cooker; sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over biscuits.
- Stir together butter, apple juice and extracts; pour over biscuits.
- Cook, covered on low, 2-1/2 – 3 hours. Remove lid and let stand for 10 minutes. Carefully invert onto serving platter. If desired, sprinkle with pecans.
Slow-Cooker Monkey Bread Tips
What can I substitute for allspice?
You can substitute pumpkin pie spice for allspice.
8 biscuit pieces: 473 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Published at Wed, 19 May 2021 22:22:14 +0000